You coffee lovers will want to go straight into your kitchen and begin to gather up all ingredients to make this yummy iced coffee beverage Like I mentioned already this is not my recipe but I love it so much that I had to share it with all of you out there. I am not up to speed on blog etiquette per say so I'm going to just go with what I feel would be respectful. I do not feel I can email the "Pioneer Woman" for permission to copy & Paste her recipe and directions ,and get back a real quick timely response so I am not going to go that route.Instead I decided that I will give you my directions on exactly how I made my coffee following her recipe but in my own words, and then adding in her link to her website so you can go there and print it out and read it there. As well as many more wonderful recipes ! Her site is amazing and I just love going there for a visit. After all who doesn't love the country? Her photos of her daily life and her family are wonderful. It's like taking a mini vacation to the country ! Go, take a look *Here is the concentrate
Okay you went ! Printed out the directions for your iced coffee ! Yummy, you will love it and be absolutely thrilled. What I love about this recipe , is that not is it only yummy....it's a coffee concentrate you can make on the weekend and have ready for the up coming two weeks for making quick iced coffee beverages on your way to work or to play ! Now here is how I made my iced coffee beverage concentrate.
- To prepare concentrate follow these steps:
- Take 1 lb of ground coffee and pour it into a large container that has a lid. Then pour in the water to the coffee grounds, 8 quarts of water.
- Let this coffee,water mix set in the covered container for 8 hours. * I have left it accidentally longer and it was okay. So don't worry if you forgot it and let it set longer than the 8 recommended hours.
Now with concentrate made, you can pour it into a pitcher that has a lid and place it into the fridge . Now because I have teens that get into the fridge to help themselves I thought I needed to label the concentrate so that it wasn't mistaken for something else.
- pour a cup of coffee concentrate into a large mason jar (or large glass) filled to the top with ice. *Use less coffee if this is a late afternoon/evening coffee . Learned this the hard way.
- Add in a bit of your favorite coffee creamer
- Add in milk to the top
- Now stir beverage to mix all together
- Add Light whipped creme from the sprayer can
- Add Hershey Chocolate drizzle.