~FIND HAPPINESS IN ALL YOU DO ~

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

How to and Much more about Bags,Totes,Baskets

Here is a project that I came across and have been wanting to try for quiet some time. If you are like me, there is always a folder full of craft goodness that you can't wait to get too. Your craft list of things you want to make is huge and never ending. 
I am always coming across other blogs and websites from companies that have so many fun great ideas and of course their projects always come out fabulous ! Sometimes mine do too, but boy there has been many that I've tried that do not turn out. That is a totally depressing situation, especially after I've put the time in  to shop for materials, carve out the time to make said project and then it turns out so bad that I'd be embarrassed to show it to anyone let alone tell them that I made it ! (So sorry for my ranting )
Here is one that I have come across and I absolutely can not wait to make it. Come payday I will be searching out baskets to dye. Now if you know me...you know my heart love obsession of bags,baskets,and purses. Any type of bag that you can put stuff in and carry with you. I love bags ! Bags,Bags,and more Bags !
I love each and every one of these baskets and can imagine all kinds of things to fill them up with ! *Who Am I?* I have always been a minimalist and do not like clutter at all...but this person I have become sense turning 40 is a new me. I'm trying to get used to this person. My old self is arguing with my new self...about things like this. We do not need anymore stuff, it just feels up the house and then you turn around and go through a spell of tossing out everything, giving it away, donating it to goodwill and so on. And so it goes, and has been since around Dec. of 2010. Craziness that i can not get used too or come to terms with. Which am I, a Clutter bug or a chucker of the clutter ? Is there a in between? Oh, Maybe it's called Organized ? If I had a cabinet or shelf  to PUT all of my stuff then it isn't clutter....? Or is it? Hmm, of topic completely. Okay the project of dying the baskets I found on Martha Stewart website, very cute craft tutorials there by the way ! If you need to make your craft to do list any bigger than it already is ! LOL

Basket Dye Tutorial

When dipped in paint, rustic baskets become thoroughly modern carryalls that look as if they came straight out of a design shop. If you don't have enough paint to dip large baskets, use a foam brush to apply the paint instead.
How to Dip-Dye with PaintDon't worry about creating precise lines when dipping in paint; irregularities are part of these baskets' appeal. If you still have paint left over after dipping the baskets, pour it back into its can to use for future projects.
Tools and Materials
  • Stir stick
  • Water-based latex paint
  • Large plastic storage bin
  • Basket: Byholma basket (on ground, far left), $16, ikea.com. Vietnamese market bags (on stool and on ground, far right), $9, from Beads of Paradise, 212-620-0642. Similar baskets, from Meg Cohen Design Shop, 212-966-3733.
  • Foam paintbrush
How-To1. Stir paint thoroughly, and pour into plastic bin. Carefully dip basket into paint. Work slowly; as you dip, the paint will push up the sides of the basket. Once you've reached the desired line, slowly pull basket out of paint.
2. If you want a higher line than the dipped mark, use foam brush to paint a new line. Hang basket to dry completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment