~FIND HAPPINESS IN ALL YOU DO ~

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

Along with fall brings Baking !

This Recipe is from All Recipes.com However, I have had this recipe for years, passed down from my Grandma. Her version calls for a cream cheese frosting that is added on top of each cookie and it's like biting into a piece of Heaven ! I have loved this cookies all my life. Grandma would make them during the fall, but they are good at any time, if you love pumpkin. My mom dislikes pumpkin, anything pumpkin, so she never made these at all. When I got married and had children I knew we needed to make these cookies during fall just like grandma did for me. My kids love anything pumpkin, so does hubby ! Which is good, so I can indulge in pumpkin goodies but don't have to worry about eating it all.  etc. It goes fast in our house. ENJOY ! Leave a comment and let me know what you think !

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. 

Please note that I do not have the recipe for cream cheese frosting to post. Maybe I can search from Gran's recipe box and find it. When I do I'll post it.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
  3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment