I had so many Raspberries that I ended up freezing two large batches like this ! We will have more berries to make this again. It is absolutely Delicious !
This is the Topping that we drizzle over the top of the cake before eating. I also made another one of these cakes using blueberries , we had lots of those too, and I froze the rest of them to use later.
Here is the recipe I used and it was taken from another blog. Sorry But I don't remember the blogger. Oops.
here it is:
Raspberry Coffee Cake
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream. (I had regular and that is what I used)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 c chopped almonds
- drizzle of maple syrup
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Combine eggs, sour cream, mix butter and vanilla in stand mixer. Beat until creamy. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until smooth and creamy , for about 2 minutes.
2. In greased 8x8 baking dish ( I used a round 9"baking pie pan). Or dish of similar size,spray with pam cooking spray. Add about 2/3's a cup of batter. Spread fresh raspberries over the batter. Then sprinkle with the chopped almonds, and drizzle maple syrup over the berries.
3. Pour remaining 1/3 of the batter over the berries. Don't worry if all the berries are not covered.
4. Bake at 350* degrees for 35-40 minutes. Or until it is golden brown and springy when touched. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes On a cooling rack. Before slicing and serving, make the glaze for the top.
5. Whisk together the Powdered Sugar, milk and vanilla with a fork. Drizzle all over the top !
Wonderful Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast treat ! Great dessert too.