I enjoy going to garage sales on the weekends. I love going to the flea markets, or open air markets (which ever they might be called in your area.) I love going to Thrift Stores and consignment shops ~ I enjoy the thrill of the hunt, Finding an antique that is priced very low, Collecting Vintage items that My Grandmother had when I was little.
- *in this picture above is some of the wonderful items I found while going to garage sales on Saturday ~ I found,
- a cute little basket that I will use as a project basket or something around the house.
- the metal circular tin ring is a cover for pie crusts rims while baking. This makes it so the crust top doesn't burn.
- The little glass dish is a vintage candy dish. I love it. They can be used for lots of different things. Bathroom soaps,nightstand for earrings & jewelry,watches and what not.
- to the right hand side of pic. is computer decorated papers in packets of 50 pieces. I love these . You can use it for stationary, for invitations, and Christmas card letters.
Not everyone enjoys these kinds of places to shop. To me it just makes it better for me. More for me to see and look over in case I want to buy ~ I love purchasing items that are second hand but are still in stores for sale and I am able to get that said item for mere fractions of the original retail price ! What a steal, what a deal. To me everything , well just about everything can be sterilized and cleaned , right? Now the items that couldn't I wouldn't purchase.
- Okay here is the other side-
- the candy dish
- a great autobiography I am looking forward to reading
- some great fabrics.
- a great cutting board I couldn't pass up for 2$. wow
- a Christmas cookbook from gooseberry patch. love them.
- take a look at this pattern below...a vintage pattern. It has the price on it as $.40 cents. can you believe that. Super cool.